Last Salute to My Dad...My Hero

by - 5:53 AM


It's been 1 month and 10 days since you've left us Dad, and your memory still lingers. Tears still fall from my eyes whenever I hear the songs that I rendered during your necrological. Your presence at night watching the late news whenever we arrive from an event asking if we've already eaten. I miss your "OK" reply.

Despite the fact that you are gone, at time when Blue our dog barks in the middle of the night, the thought of your caregiver changing shifts drift on my mind. Thinking you're just laying inside your room and being taken cared of.

You always take time to write letters to us on our birthdays.  And this was the last letter you wrote me last 2016. Last year It's the first time that I celebrated my birthday at the hospital because that was the time you where rushed.


But I know you're in a better place now, no more sickness and pain. All the hardships that you've experienced are paid off. Thank you Dad for the love and care you've showed. I may not say i love you verbally before because that's not my personality. And I'm so sorry that I did not understand your sickness. I did not value your being a military officer.


I know that when we see each other you will be the Dad that I have known before you where struck by your sickness. We miss you so much and for now your photos will be the memories we have.
The moment we where bringing you to your graveyard, I still have to convince myself that this is true and this is it.


You will always be my Hero and  this video will show how you are Honored..... By the dignified burial your love and service to the country is recognized. This is our last salute to the greatest Dad.
My Dad......
My Hero......

 Daddy's Mistah at Philippine Military Academy Class 1962




The Late Col.David Torralba Alimorong Honor Burial at the Libingan ng mga Bayani

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10213668010757523&id=1322105020

You May Also Like

0 comments