Scar Crow

by - 11:22 PM

Who would expect that a wound from an accident last 1986 will haunt us until now? Well it's true because we have experienced it. My eldest brother loved to play basketball during his college days until the time he was working. In one incident he was sprained on his right ankle. When my grandmother saw that she immediately wrapped the ankle with a bandage with ginger inside.She said it will lessen the swelling. Little did we know that there was a tiny wound on the sprained ankle.The next day when the bandage was removed we were so shocked to see the skin so swollen and it occupied a big part of my brother's leg.The infection started to contaminate the inner flesh of my brother's foot that he had to be rushed to the hospital. All of us were so worried because the doctor said they had to scrape the infected part of the skin; since it was so deep, we had to pray that it didn't reach the bone.My brother underwent surgery and it was an answered prayer because they were able to remove the infected skin. But it did not end there. After the surgery we had to go to the doctor every night to dress the wound for how many months.I accompanied my brother during the process and I saw his facial expression and how he bit a small towel every time they cleaned the wound. Months turned into years and we had our own families...It was the second quarter of 2012 and my brother who now works in Cambodia went home every month and was always complaining of the small wound and the pain he is feeling.We didn't expect that it will recur again,it affected him and his family emotionally because he could not focus on his work and was worried of the pain he was experiencing.Every time he went back they would go to different hospitals and doctors for second, third opinion because he was not contented with the result they were telling him.Since the skin was so thin and no more muscle to protects the bones, he needed to moisturize it.That was the advice of the doctors.

The physical scar also became an emotional scar because he cannot move on and wanted to resign from his job and was so depressed. We again prayed for peace of mind and that there would be development in the wound. It was an answered prayer because the wound dried up and he just dresses it by using NSS. He was able to move on with his life and continude to go back to Cambodia and work.
The funny thing about it is that during those times we don't talk about wounds or feet because we don't want him to get depressed again.It's like having a scare crow in the family that a topic about it is discussed we are so scared.Since doctors did not recommend any cream or ointment for the scar I will advise him to use Contractubex gel which i know will help him recover faster. According to some friends it is really effective.
After one year my brother went on vacation last June and he was able to recover from the emotional stress.Hopefully the Contractubex gel will help in healing the wound.
Photo credit: www.contractubex.com

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. I agree that Contractubex is really effective. I also use it on my scar sa tummy area ko. I got it when I gave birth to my lil girl. My scar lightened and parang nag flat na sya. :)

    <3 Dhadha | www.maldita.us

    ReplyDelete